Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru> on 2006/07/25 22:21:40 UTC

russian translation

Hello!
I'm trying to translate opentaps 0.9 into Russian.
I started from Orders, created OrderUiLabels_ru.properties, translated
some labels (such as "Orders Needing Your Attention" etc.).
Russian is set as preferred language in my Firefox, and it gets selected
(judging by language selection box). But none of my new translations is shown...
What may be the reason?

Thank you,
Dmitri

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.
Midhat Ali <midhatali <at> gmail.com> writes:

> did u modify the original .properties file to add a reference to the russian
> language file. see an example in <opentaps
> hme>\applications\accounting\config\AccountingUiLabels.properties

Just tried it. Nothing happened.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Midhat Ali <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Hi everybody -

There currently already is a Russian translation of at least the
workeffort application, and it is in opentaps-0.9.1 and in the OFBIZ
SVN.  For example, if you log into https://
demo.opensourcestrategies.com:8445/workeffort/control/main

then change your language to Russia, you will see a page come up in
Russian.

If you have the opentaps distribution, take a look at the
applications/workeffort/config/ directory and the file
WorkEffortUiLabels_ru.properties.  That is all that was required.

As to why it doesn't work for you, I'm not really sure...  Why not
open up a JIRA issue, upload your translation file, and I'll take a
look?

Si

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.
Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux <at> les7arts.com> writes:

> You mean you can't see english for instance ?
I can see English, Francais, Deutsch, Pycckuu' - every language that has
property files.

> Did you try to create new properties files that do not work ?
Yes, that's exactly the case - existing files work, new do not.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sorry my mistake, I have also the problem on Linux, please see the jira issue about that point...

Jacques

Re: russian translation

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Dmitri, Christian,

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.
Christian Geisert <christian.geisert <at> isu-gmbh.de> writes:

> I think there is a problem somewhere with the language selection box but
> I'm still investigating...
> It *seems* that the language selection is working when the system
> language is english, i.e. start OFBiz with "java -Duser.language=en -jar
> ofbiz.jar"

Started as suggested, nothing changed. In fact, Russian *is* selected -
languages in lang selection box are translated, WorkEffort Manager is translated
- i.e. properties that came from opentaps/ofbiz tarball are working. But not my
new  OrderUiLabels_ru.properties. Shall I register it somewhere? I tried
rebuilding (by running "./ant"), to no avail...
Is there any message to look for in the logs? What is the best place to add
println to in the source? (I'm rather new to Ofbiz yet)

I guess I'll continue for a while by mutilating default English properties...

Dmitri

Re: russian translation

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
How about put your translation file on JIRA and I'll take a look at
it and hopefully fix it.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Dmitri Hrapof <hr...@common-lisp.ru>.
Chris Howe <cjhowe76013 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> property files are read at startup, have you restarted
> Opentaps?

Repeatedly.

Re: russian translation

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.