Posted to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2008/05/12 18:09:55 UTC

Permissions in snapshot repo

I'm trying to deploy a snapshot of the release plugin and running into a
permissions issue with the metadata files.  For example:

/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/5-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml

I think the last person to deploy didn't run the permission fixes in the
README.txt because currently only the owner has write access to this file.

Is there a way to make the permission fixes run automatically maybe nightly or
weekly?

Thanks!

Re: Permissions in snapshot repo

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> wrote:

>  I'm trying to deploy a snapshot of the release plugin and running into a
> permissions issue with the metadata files.  For example:
> /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/5-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
>  I think the last person to deploy didn't run the permission fixes in the
> README.txt because currently only the owner has write access to this file.
>  Is there a way to make the permission fixes run automatically maybe nightly
> or weekly?

This is more of a dev@maven issue... or ping the current owner to get
them to fix the permissions.

In the past infra hasn't been in favor of running a script that opens
up permissions.  I think Maven is able to correctly set the
permissions when you publish the website, so maybe it could be fixed
for artifact deployment as well.

--
Wendy

Re: Permissions in snapshot repo

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
just look who is the owner and ask directly

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.