Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jörg Vater <Jo...@web.de> on 2005/10/19 22:53:56 UTC

SocketHubAppender listening on specific network interface

Hi there,

is there a possibility to configure a SocketHubAppender
in a way to listen on a specific network interface?

I'm trying to set up an application on a machine with several
network interfaces with different IP adresses. In my
log4j.xml I placed a SocketHubReceiver. I can set the port
where the appender should accept connections with the
"port" param. Unfortunately with this configuration
the port is opened, but only on one network IF - not the
one that I can access with my chainsaw client.

Is there a way to tell a SocketHubReceiver to bind to a
port on a specific IP-address / network interface or
to all interfaces?

Joerg