Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2016/07/24 09:45:16 UTC

[FYI] POS goes to Attic

Hi,

The OFBiz developers (committers or not) have decided (no official vote was required applying lazy consensus) on the OFBiz dev ML to put the POS
component in Attic.

Here is the thread: http://markmail.org/message/hhb4vox7pfxn7uvy (you might look above and below)

Note: I was the main POS maintainer just after its inception by Andrew Zenesky in 2004

Thanks for your attention

Jacques

Re: [FYI] POS goes to Attic

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
A last note with a link to the related Jira issue

I must add that I have the XUI sources available so I will put all what I have in repo before removing the component.
At some point I created my own XUI version but the authors fixed it after.
I must also say that we had then any issues with XUI and it's still working perfectly for the POS.

More details onward at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7804

Jacques

Le 24/07/2016 � 14:33, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :

Re: [FYI] POS goes to Attic

Posted by Craig Parker <cr...@fossfolks.com>.
What are end users doing about POS? Are they using what just got put in
the Attic, using something else and somehow interfacing with OFBiz, or
are most end users not using POS at all?

Re: [FYI] POS goes to Attic

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.