Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Omar Vera <ov...@jala-industries.com> on 2002/09/02 16:58:53 UTC

XML formatter and unrepresented characters

Hi to everybody, I am using the XMFormatter and I am in trouble with
characters such as áéíóú, I got some characters formatted in the correct
way, for instance & is formatted to &amp; but characters áéíóú are your
correctly formatted, do you know a way to do this?

This is the code I am using to create the formatter.

	XMLFormatter* formatter = new XMLFormatter(encodingName,
formatTarget,
                                          XMLFormatter::CharEscapes,
XMLFormatter::UnRep_CharRef);

I really need to solve this problem, because I need to save the xml in an
ASCII file, but I have the problem with unrepresented characters. I wuold
like to have the á character with &160;

Thanks in advance.

Omar Vera.