Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Reem Elnagar <re...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/01 02:12:04 UTC

Help wanted for a new volunteer to fix bug 122003 ( missing titels)

Hi :)

It was written in the oreintation that after building OpenOffice I should try fixing easy bugs. So  I chose to start with that bug 122003,  so can any one help me with some guidelines on how to fix it.
Thanks in advance and much appreciated :)

Re: Help wanted for a new volunteer to fix bug 122003 ( missing titels)

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Reem Elnagar <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> It was written in the oreintation that after building OpenOffice I should try fixing easy bugs. So  I chose to start with that bug 122003,  so can any one help me with some guidelines on how to fix it.

As Andre mentioned, this is a bug related to the website, not the
source code for AOO.  But if you want to work on it, fixing this bug
would get you to be familiar with Subversion, creating patches, our
website, Bugzilla, etc.

I've just updated the list web pages that are missing <title> tags.
There are currently 413 of them.

To fix them I'd recommend downloading our website source files via
Subversion like:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/ ooo-site

You'll then find the website files in ooo-site/trunk/content

Then it is a matter of reviewing each of the 413 pages and adding a
descriptive title.  It may not be possible in all cases, since some of
the pages are not in English.  But see what you can do.

It might be simpler to grep for HTML pages that are missing a <title>
than working from the list in the CSV file, especially if you have an
code editor that makes it easy to load files that match a regular
expression.

Once you've made all the changes locally you can create one big patch
for the entire tree and attach it to the Bugzilla issue and mark it as
resolved.   Let me know when you've done that and I can review and
apply the patch.

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 01.03.2014 02:12, Reem Elnagar wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> It was written in the oreintation that after building OpenOffice I should try fixing easy bugs. So  I chose to start with that bug 122003,  so can any one help me with some guidelines on how to fix it.
> Thanks in advance and much appreciated :)

This issue seems already to be worked on and may even be fixed (although
the 'assigned to' and 'status' fields are not set).  And this bug is
about the OpenOffice web site not its source code.  This may or may not
be what you want to work on.  Maybe you can pick another one?

Thanks for your interest,
Andre