Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by ??????? ???? <ha...@groteck.ru> on 2001/11/12 09:13:08 UTC

.htaccess on WIn2000

Filename in Win2000 cannot start with dot, so we can't create ".htaccess".
How to solve this problem?

Re: .htaccess on WIn2000

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>.
Cliff is right ... this is not the right list... the newsgroup is

And for the other answer --- YES you can create filenames beginning with dot,
the only trick (in all Windows file open/save dialog boxes) is to QUOTE the
filename (e.g. ".htaccess" instead of .htaccess).  This has the added benefit
of not receiving .txt filename extensions as well, from applications such as
notepad.

Bill

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.