Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Emilio Arce <ea...@dataware.com> on 2000/09/21 23:04:53 UTC

Preserving original format

I've been using Cocoon to do some transformations on documents from XML to
HTML. Now, at the stage of transforming XML docs to PDF, and I run into the
following problem.
I'm bringing the content of a file into the stylesheet and then trying to
put it in a fo:block but I want to preserve the line breaks and indentations
(ala HTML's <pre></pre>) I haven't been very successful with this. It just
puts the text as it comes without preserving new lines or tabs. I tried
using linefeed-treatment="preserve" but that didn't work. Any ideas?
Here is the code that I have for this particular template:

<xsl:template match="example">
    <xsl:variable name='filename' select="node()"/>
    <fo:block   text-align-last="centered"
                    linefeed-treatment="preserve"
                     font-size="12pt" font-style="italic"
                     space-before.optimum="10pt"
                     space-after.optimum="10pt" >
           <xsl:value-of select="document(concat('../',$filename))"/>
    </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

Re: Preserving original format

Posted by Herbert Hotz <he...@symmetrix.ch>.
Hi,

Perhaps you should try the following in your <fo:block> statement:

      <fo:block white-space-treatment="preserve">

This works for me with FOP 13 (and I think also with FOP 12)

Cheers,
Herbert