Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by chocba <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 16:23:01 UTC

JetSpeed Delegated Administration

Hi,
I've a customer say A for whom I'm setting up the portal. Customer A has it
own set of clients, who'll login to the same portal. Now customer A has an
portal administrator who can assign any role to user. The client will have
their own administrator, but can only assign limited roles to its users, not
all roles such as administrator. In other words, is it possible to define
what roles does an administrator can assign? Please let me know. Appreciate
your help.

Thanks & Regards

Balaji

Re: JetSpeed Delegated Administration

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
The short answer is "Yes".

You can define whatever roles you need and you can control functions
using any data that you have.

We have built the NAPA Centre of Excellence www.napaexcellence.ca and
control what courses people can take based on their job, what department
they work in, what division they work in.

In addition to the internal staff, it also offers training to their
customers (garage owners) who will be able to control and monitor their
own staff.

You can customize almost all aspects of a Jetspeed portal but you do
have to invest in custom software to get a system that is really flexible.

Ron