Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2005/08/14 20:50:22 UTC

[HttpCommon] Coyote Http Connector is fully functional

Mike, Odi, et al

The Coyote Http Connector based on HttpCommon code now has all the
essential features and appears fully functional. I have been
successfully running it inside the Tomcat 5.5.9 container and it
actually has been holding up quite well. Please feel free to check it
out

I am going to hack up a few tests to see how well (or badly) the
HttpCommon based HTTP connector fairs in terms of raw HTTP performance.

I also want to drop a short message to the tomcat-dev list provided
nobody thinks strongly it is still premature to do so. I personally
think it is time we approached Tomcat people and made them aware of the
work we have been doing and see how they react. I also have a few ideas
regarding possible design improvements for the Coyote Connector
architecture to toss in. Please let me know if it is okay with you or if
you want to have some more work done or need more time for code review
before any announcements are made.

Oleg

Re: [HttpCommon] Coyote Http Connector is fully functional

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Wow, Oleg, you are doing a fantastic job! I'll have a look at your oefre
soon.

Odi

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Mike, Odi, et al
>
> The Coyote Http Connector based on HttpCommon code now has all the
> essential features and appears fully functional. I have been
> successfully running it inside the Tomcat 5.5.9 container and it
> actually has been holding up quite well. Please feel free to check it
> out
>
> I am going to hack up a few tests to see how well (or badly) the
> HttpCommon based HTTP connector fairs in terms of raw HTTP performance.
>
> I also want to drop a short message to the tomcat-dev list provided
> nobody thinks strongly it is still premature to do so. I personally
> think it is time we approached Tomcat people and made them aware of the
> work we have been doing and see how they react. I also have a few ideas
> regarding possible design improvements for the Coyote Connector
> architecture to toss in. Please let me know if it is okay with you or if
> you want to have some more work done or need more time for code review
> before any announcements are made.
>
> Oleg

[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/
[pgp]  key 0x81CF3416
        finger print F2B1 B21F F056 D53E 5D79  A5AF 02BE 70F5 81CF 3416

Re: [HttpCommon] Coyote Http Connector is fully functional

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Oleg.  Nice work.  I think going to the Tomcat
community is a great idea.  Before you do that though I would love to
take a look at things first.  Given my lack of time lately don't wait
more than a few days.  I'm definitely interested to see the results of
the performance tests and what the Tomcat folks have to say.

Mike