Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tamer Sezgin <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 21:37:28 UTC

building OFBiz from the svn trunk

Hi,
I'm very new to OFBiz, and trying to learn more about it..
I downloaded and run release 4.0 (on Linux/Sun Java 1.6) successfully.

Now, I tried to build and use the svn trunk copy, but I could not succeed.
Although I did not get any error during build and startup, when I try
to access "ecommerce" application I get a lot of error messages.

Am I missing something very basic?
Can I normally expect trunk copy run without major problems?

Thanks,
Tamer

RE: Evaluating OFBIZ

Posted by Kenneth R Litko <ke...@litkoaero.com>.
John,

> Our site makes heavy use of custom quoting, has anyone done a web store
front where the products are built from custom quotes rather than standard
product lists?

We are currently evaluation Ofbiz for our business (www.litkoaero.com) and
I'm also very interested in the quote-to-product that you mention.

With our current store (Miva), we have a PHP app that generates three
things: a string that defines the quote, a price (so the customer can
checkout), and a shipping weight (so the store can calculate shipping).

In Miva, the PHP app simply creates a link that flows through a .htaccess
and assigns those three things to a product which has no predefined
description, price, or weight.

We were also looking at MAS90, which has an add-on called JobOps. I am not
intimately familiar with it, but from what I can understand it allows you to
create product configurators which you can then track, assign, etc in your
ERP system.

I am very interested to see if OfBiz has this capability, and how it would
work. It would be nice to track things directly in the ERP system, and, for
simple things, allow us to auto-create work orders and ready-to-produce
instructions.

Ken Litko
www.litkoaero.com

Re: building OFBiz from the svn trunk

Posted by Tamer Sezgin <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
You're right... I assumed running "ant" with default build target, and
running startofbis.sh would be enough.
After running "ant run-install", it worked..
Thanks.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.