Posted to user@spark.apache.org by freedafeng <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2014/12/02 23:37:18 UTC

executor logging management from python

Hi, wondering if anyone could help with this. We use ec2 cluster to run spark
apps in standalone mode. The default log info goes to /$spark_folder/work/.
This folder is in the 10G root fs. So it won't take long to fill up the
whole fs.

My goal is
1. move the logging location to /mnt, where we have 37G space.
2. make the log files iterate, meaning the new ones will replace the old
ones after some threshold.

Could you show how to do this? I was trying to change the spark-env.sh file
-- I don't know that's the best way to do it.

Thanks!

Re: executor logging management from python

Posted by freedafeng <fr...@yahoo.com>.
cat spark-env.sh
#!/usr/bin/env bash

export SPARK_WORKER_OPTS="-Dspark.executor.logs.rolling.strategy=time
-Dspark.executor.logs.rolling.time.interval=daily
-Dspark.executor.logs.rolling.maxRetainedFiles=3"
export SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS=/mnt/spark
export SPARK_WORKER_DIR=/mnt/spark
------

But the spark log still writes to /$Spark_home/work folder. why spark
doesn't take the changes?