Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/08/28 01:01:14 UTC

Can't bring up a new 4.2 environment

Hi,

I've tried twice to create a new 4.2 environment (clean DB, starting over
from scratch), but both times I received the following exception (below).

System VMs won't start.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Mike

INFO  [cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:)
No running secondary storage vms found in datacenter id=1, starting one
INFO  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:) No
stopped secondary storage vm is available, need to allocate a new secondary
storage vm
INFO  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:) No
stopped console proxy is available, need to allocate a new console proxy
INFO  [storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:) lock is acquired
for VMTemplateStoragePool 1
WARN  [storage.endpoint.DefaultEndPointSelector] (consoleproxy-1:) can't
find endpoint
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Column 'id' in where clause is ambiguous
at
at
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1040)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4074)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4006)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2629)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2719)
at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2155)
at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:2318)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.endpoint.DefaultEndPointSelector.findEndPointInScope(DefaultEndPointSelector.java:119)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.endpoint.DefaultEndPointSelector.findEndPointForImageMove(DefaultEndPointSelector.java:170)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.endpoint.DefaultEndPointSelector.select(DefaultEndPointSelector.java:178)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.motion.AncientDataMotionStrategy.copyObject(AncientDataMotionStrategy.java:209)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.motion.AncientDataMotionStrategy.copyAsync(AncientDataMotionStrategy.java:411)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.motion.DataMotionServiceImpl.copyAsync(DataMotionServiceImpl.java:55)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createBaseImageAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:439)
at
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createVolumeFromTemplateAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:543)
at
com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.recreateVolume(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2526)
at com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.prepare(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2582)
at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:888)
at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:578)
at
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:571)
at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:556)
at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:928)
at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1672)
at
com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:111)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

RE: Can't bring up a new 4.2 environment

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] Mike as community we had agreed to a time based release cycle of 4 months for 4.2 and a huge sincere effort has gone into keeping the schedule over last 4months. Let's keep the course for 4.2 and discuss points raised for the next release.

Re: Can't bring up a new 4.2 environment

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

We, mainly the community outside Citrix, should (yes me volunteering)
spend more cycles on automated regression testing. I will try and get
more of that done at Schuberg Philis and have suggested such actions
to Mike as well.
I would like to take this opportunity to urge others to do this as
well, especially third party plugin developers and heavy users, like
Mike and us at Schuberg Philis.
I hope those addressed feel addressed, Citrix will not carry this
burden alone for ever. The long term viability of the project depends
on it.

my 0,02 of your favorite currency,
Daan

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
OK, with the updated code, my system VMs come up. Thanks!

[...]

Just my 2 cents here.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
It's already fixed I believe

Thanks
Animesh

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, it is fixed in 4.2 branch.

I just cherry-pick the commit *d9016635 from 4.2-forward to master branch,
as master branch build failed.*

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.
Yeah - unfortunately some of the refactoring changes happened late and sticking to time based releases caused this rush in the end. We usually show gradual decline in incoming and fix rates.
Having quality based releases with stringent release exit criteria would help in future.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.