Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manuel Reyes <Ma...@e-mis.com> on 2003/11/21 11:47:32 UTC

attribute-set

I am having a problem when trying to use attribute sets, and I am unsure
on whether this is a problem with FOP or my newbie implementation of the
syntax (the most likely possibility)

I have the following attribute-set within my document which reads in
values from an XML file :

<xsl:attribute-set name="title_table_block">
<xsl:attribute name="font-size"><xsl:value-of
select="report_generics/report_title_font_size"/></xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="font-weight"><xsl:value-of
select="report_generics/report_title_font_weight"/></xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="text-align"><xsl:value-of
select="report_generics/report_title_text_align"/></xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

Below this I use the following block to define the text within a table
cell :

<fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="title_table_block">
<xsl:value-of select="report_generics/report_title"/>
</fo:block>

Now from what I understand from these URLs the syntax above is correct :
http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/xslt/quickref/xslt_element_attribute
set.html
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/el_attributeset.asp

The problem is that when I set the text properties it overrides all the
font size/weight/align settings defined in other parts of the document,
so when I create the PDF all parts of the document use these settings
(at the moment this is the only attribute set and this block is the only
block that calls it.)