Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Johann Uhrmann <jo...@xpecto.com> on 2003/05/19 13:15:39 UTC

Simple implementations of org.apache.log4j.spi.TriggeringEventEvaluator

Hello,

I wonder whether it would be a good idea to provide some simple
implementations of the interface
org.apache.log4j.spi.TriggeringEventEvaluator with the Log4j distribution.

Here are two examples, I use for the SMTPAppender:

public class IsError implements TriggeringEventEvaluator
{
	public boolean isTriggeringEvent(LoggingEvent event)
	{
		return event.getLevel().isGreaterOrEqual(Level.ERROR);
	}
}

---------------------------------------

public class IsFatal implements TriggeringEventEvaluator
{
	public boolean isTriggeringEvent(LoggingEvent event)
	{
		return event.getLevel().isGreaterOrEqual(Level.FATAL);
	}
}

Of course, these are two simple classes but I guess they might be
useful. If You decide to include these classes into the distribution,
I'd be happy to add some documentation.

Kind regards,

Johann Uhrmann

--
Johann Uhrmann
xpecto AG | Lindenstrasse 81 | D-84030 Ergolding