Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/12 08:11:54 UTC

question: How data are stored in IgniteCache?

Hello Igniters!

I have one conceptual question:

When we put an object in IgniteCache, how it is stored?

As I understand, after marshalling we have an array of bytes,
1) in a local node it is wrapped in BinaryObjectImpl and stored in memory
2) it is sent to remote node as byte array where it will be wrapped in
BinaryObjectImpl and be stored in memory

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav

Re: question: How data are stored in IgniteCache?

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Denis, thanks a lot for your explanations.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
1. When you transfer an object over the wire or put it into a persistent store (withKeepBinary property enabled) then only the byte array is used.
2. No

—

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
If we use a cache which is configured to use binary mashaller:
1. In which cases a placed in the cache object (serialized object) won't be
wrapped?
2. In which cases a placed in the cache object won't be serialized (to byte

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
A serialized object is always wrapped by BinaryObjectImpl when it’s stored in memory in a specific cache partition or you access it from your application in a form of BinaryObject. However, when you transfer the object over the wire or put it into a persistent store (withKeepBinary property enabled) then only the byte array is used.

—

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Denis, thank you for answers.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.