Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by touza <ma...@hotmail.fr> on 2012/05/11 04:20:22 UTC

Re: juddi and owls

Hello,
I am a master student. I work on the discovery of semantic web services.
I want to know with which tools you are working?
I use "OWLSMatchmakerClient v1.2"  on the client side, "juddi v0.8" and
"OWLS/UDDI Matchmaker v1.3"  on the server side.I could do the publication
of a service.But, I couldn't do the discovery of a service!

In juddi  and especially in juddi.log, I get this error when I send the
semantic query:

ERROR org.juddi.handler.HandlerMaker - can't find handler for element type
"capability_search".
The element "capability_search” is a tag.
This message comes from this line:
public static final String UDDI_TAG = "capability_search";
By accessing juddi.jar
In the class HandlerMaker, I understand that this problem exists because
handler = null.
But, I am not understand the problem!!!!
I want to know if there is a configuration for "HandlerMaker" or
“UDDI4j.jar”
Please, have you any idea about my problem ? , I am really blocked.

Thank you in advance.

--
Best  regards,
Maria

Re: juddi and owls

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.
Coincidentally, my masters thesis was also on UDDI. When working when
web services in general, I always end up generating client code
directly from the wsdl. It may sound counter intuitive considering the
amount of work done with the juddi client jar, but it's really one of
the few ways to control your jar dependencies, (or DLL in .NET). My
thesis was primarily on enhancing UDDI in a number of different ways,
some to make it simpler to work with, others to make it more secure
and portable. I ran across a lot of research related to OWLS and all
of the other semantic xml formats. Regardless, try running wsimport
and point it at the URL of the inquiry service for juddi. You'll also
need the security service. I've read the UDDI spec a few times and
don't recall ever seeing something called capability search. Good luck