Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/11/23 00:12:22 UTC

[lang] 1.2 dependencies

I get to continue being 1.2 dependency complainer.

One of the NumberUtilTests is dying in 1.2. I suspect it's more to do with
the java.lang.Xxx method than with us.

My solution _may_ be to use SystemUtils to only have this run in 1.3 and
above [once I've confirmed it's happy in 1.3]. Is anyone against this?

There are also a couple of EMPTY_MAPs going on in the test suites. I
cleaned them up, but this makes the test suite fail. Possibly the
EMPTY_MAP in 1.3 is quiet about modification attempts, while the
unmodifiableMap(new HashMap()) is noisy. So I rolled back.

Hen