Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/17 08:26:58 UTC

Ant build question

Hi All,
    Looks like that each time I run ant, it rebuilds the whole source.

    This is time wasting, specially when I want to make a quick fix to
the code and see if it works.

    Any tips on how to make it do only those parts that were changed?

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: Ant build question

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.
Samisa,

All the various steps of the build are targets, so you can reasonably
specify any individual target within the scripts - however, be aware that
the default targets maybe setting up properties for those targets, in which
case you'll need to provide them at the command line.

As an aside - although the default ANT targets attempt to build everything
- it should only be doing delta builds (ie.  only build if source artefacts
have changed), the exception to this is when instrumenting with trace or
generating the C bindings - as the generation tool does not currently
support delta changes.

Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote on 17/02/2005