Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hookom, Jacob" <Ja...@redline.mckhboc.com> on 2003/07/15 19:11:00 UTC

[Error Handlers] instanceof ?

Off hand, would Struts be able to catch the exception with this desired
handler?

Action throws ServiceNotFoundException
ExceptionHandler catches ServiceException

Where ServiceNotFoundException is an instance of ServiceException?

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: [Error Handlers] instanceof ?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Hookom, Jacob" <Ja...@redline.mckhboc.com> wrote:
> Off hand, would Struts be able to catch the exception with this desired
> handler?
>
> Action throws ServiceNotFoundException
> ExceptionHandler catches ServiceException
>
> Where ServiceNotFoundException is an instance of ServiceException?

Not currently.  I was thinking about improving the ExceptionHandler to
support that just today :-).  It would be nice if the ExceptionHandler
acted like a global try/catch block with the same inheritance rules.

David