Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2000/01/22 05:46:02 UTC

Simple test failing

I am trying to do a simple test with the XSP sample that is included with
the Cocoon 1.6 distribution.  I have taken "page.xml" and added the
following code to the <xsp:page> element:

    <xsp:structure>
        <xsp:include>java.sql.*</xsp:include>
        <xsp:include>com.bitmechanic.sql.*</xsp:include>
    </xsp:structure>

Also, in the <xsp:logic> section I added this do nothing method:

private String getBrokerConnection()
{
    try
    {
        Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection(ConnectionPoolManager.URL_PREFIX + "dbPool",
null, null);
        conn.close();
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {

    }

    return conn.toString();
}

When I try and access this page, I get the following, extremely vague result
error page:

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _page.java
I/O exception
I/O exception
I/O exception
8 errors

    at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
    at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(Compi
led Code)
    at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled Code)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:347)
    at
onnectionHandler.java:144)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:305)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

I'm using Cocoon v1.6 on the MacOS running Tomcat 3.1M1, JDK 1.1.7.  Any
idea what this means?  Am I missing something in my classpath?  The page.xml
compiles fine if I remove the method call getBrokerConnection().

Thanks,

Mike