Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 16:16:40 UTC

Linux Container Executor (LCE) vs Default Container Executor(DCE)

Hello,

I was wondering what are the main differences between LCE and DCE under '
*simple*' Hadoop security.

>From my readings LCE gives:
- granularity to control execution  like ban users, min uid
- use cgroups to control resources

While DCE uses ulimits.

In both cases the container is executed under the user submitting it.

Any further insights is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Re: Linux Container Executor (LCE) vs Default Container Executor(DCE)

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harsh !!

Are there any other ways to find the owner of the containers.  I suppose
one way is doing a "*ps -ef|grep container*" and view the process details.

Regards,
Rajesh

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harsh !!

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harsh !!

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harsh !!

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Linux Container Executor (LCE) vs Default Container Executor(DCE)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Linux Container Executor (LCE) vs Default Container Executor(DCE)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Linux Container Executor (LCE) vs Default Container Executor(DCE)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J