Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steven Coco <ma...@stevencoco.com> on 2006/03/02 00:36:46 UTC

Re: users Digest 1 Mar 2006 08:35:22 -0000 Issue 1934

> I've tried the assembly task.
>
> It will create the files under target/<finalName>-<id> from the assembly
> configuration in pom.xml
>
> Which means I have to manually move the files out of this directory into
> target/site
>
> I have tried fiddling with the values in finalName and id to get it into
> target/site but nothing has worked.
I also see what you mean here: I tried myself, and you don't seem to be
able to control the output directory; unless you try something which I
would not use in production, and specify the outputDirectory in the
custom assembly descriptor as something like ../../ .
> Sounds like a "copy" plugin is in order?
I do think this is needed...

Unless there is some way to assign an "id" to a resource and then refer
to that from a configuration or execution and instigate a filtered copy
of the identified resources, but directed into either a specified output
directory or to the output directory of the running plugin...

> I have written a copy files Mojo, [...]
> Thanks for the info.  Once I get a chance to extricate it from my
> existing plugin and meet the Mojo project guidelines, I will submit
> the JIRA issue.  Hopefully, will get it done by this weekend.
I would be interested in hearing about it if it gets deployed:  I guess
I will know by checking the repositories.

Steven Coco.  ---  maven - at - stevencoco - .com