Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Clayton Turner <ca...@g.cofc.edu> on 2014/10/29 19:16:12 UTC

YTEX Exporting with Large Dataset

​Hi everyone:

So I'm doing some work with the ctakes-ytex branch of ctakes. So, in the
past, I've been able to use the YTEX exporter (for going to sparsematrix)
on datasets of about 300-400 notes. Now I have run my full dataset through
the pipeline and want to set up the exporter.

I'm getting a null pointer exception when using the big dataset, but no
error occurs if I use my old, smaller dataset​ even though the export files
are nearly identical.

Are there file size limits that I am potentially hitting or is my error
likely something else?

Thanks,
Clayton Turner

Re: YTEX Exporting with Large Dataset

Posted by Clayton Turner <ca...@g.cofc.edu>.
Oops! Let me clarify in case someone else hits this or thinks I'm just
messing up really badly.

I had null values in my dataset and forgot to do a simple "is not null" -
that explains a 'null pointer exception' alright.

Posted by Clayton Turner <ca...@g.cofc.edu>.

Posted by Clayton Turner <ca...@g.cofc.edu>.
Ah, so apparently YTEX does not like me using a join inside the
InstanceClassQuery. This is inconvenient, but I can work around it.

Clayton Turner
Graduate Research Assistant at The College of Charleston
Web Developer at Innovative Resource Management
Email: caturner3@g.cofc.edu
Phone: (843)-424-3784
Blog: claytonturner.blogspot.com
“When scientifically investigating the natural world, the only thing worse
than a blind believer is a seeing denier.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson