Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Mang Jun Lau <Ma...@otpp.com> on 2006/04/04 22:12:55 UTC

Creating a notifier for Confluence

Hi,

Our company uses Atlassian Confluence as a wiki.  I want to try to create
a notifier so that after a build, the notification is sent as a message to
post on a Confluence page.  Since you can post to Confluence via SOAP web
services calls, I think may be straightforward to create a notifier. Where
do I look to start and what are some of the requirements?  Do I simply
extend AbstractContinuumNotifier or what?

Any direction would help.  Thanks.

_Mang Lau

Re: Creating a notifier for Confluence

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Hi David,

Can you add some samples on swizzle site?

Emmanuel

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Apr 5, 2006, at 8:23 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>
>> I think the best way it to create a wrapper on it like we do it
>> for irc (with plexus-irc) and jabber (with plexus-jabber) and use
>> use the wrapper in the notifier. But perhaps, it isn't necessary,
>> i didn't look at swizzle.
>>

> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Confluence
>
> That just shows reading from a space, but you can add/update pages
> too.

Here is some javadoc:

http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-confluence/

-David

Re: Creating a notifier for Confluence

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Apr 5, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> I think the best way it to create a wrapper on it like we do it for
> irc (with plexus-irc) and jabber (with plexus-jabber) and use use
> the wrapper in the notifier. But perhaps, it isn't necessary, i
> didn't look at swizzle.

Done.  Haven't hooked up a confluenza site yet, so the wiki will have
to do.

It's basically the client APIs for Confluence and Jira, so you can
write apps to poke at either of them without having to hurtle that
first "how do I talk to confluence" step.  It always kind of bugged
me that there was a standard API for Confluence, but no standard
client -- you have to make your own.  So I decided to suck down the
API info and hacked a Perl script to create the related Java code.

Here is some example code and it's related output:

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Mang Jun Lau <Ma...@otpp.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Mang Jun Lau <Ma...@otpp.com>.
If it is successful, I will definitely donate.  I'm only a co-op student
working and my term is almost done.  Think it's possible to finish this by
the end of the month?

_Mang Lau

Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>
04/05/2006 03:39 AM