Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/25 12:17:31 UTC

[users@httpd] AddOutputFilterByType: does it work with LuaOutputFilter?

I cannot get AddOutputFilterByType to work with anything other than
standard filters such as DEFLATE.

Is it supposed to work with user-defined filters such as
LuaOutputFilter, or with filters defined using mod_ext_filter?

Sebb

Re: [users@httpd] AddOutputFilterByType: does it work with LuaOutputFilter?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 at 14:08, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 8:17 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I cannot get AddOutputFilterByType to work with anything other than
> > standard filters such as DEFLATE.
> >
> > Is it supposed to work with user-defined filters such as
> > LuaOutputFilter, or with filters defined using mod_ext_filter?
>
> It looks like they don't work currently.
>
> Even for a config as simple as AddOutputFilterByType, mod_filter
> creates a new filter that delegates to a provider. But when it calls
> the provider, the filter name is modified (in this case it has the
> prefix "BYTYPE:") as if you did e.g.  "FilterProvider
> BYTYPE:myluafilter myluafilter"
>
> Dynamic stuff like mod_ext_filter and mod_lua key off the filter name
> to look up the right configured command/code.
>
> For at least the AddOutputFilterByType it might be easy to hack around
> in the two provider modules. But to make them work with
> FilterDeclare/FilterProvider it would probably require changes on the
> mod_filter side since the name change is not predictable.

Thanks for the info. I have raised a bug to fix the code and/or docs ...

Re: [users@httpd] AddOutputFilterByType: does it work with LuaOutputFilter?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.