Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Thomas Delnoij <di...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/05 13:51:34 UTC

RegexURLFilter / testing regex-urlfilter.txt

All.

I want to run the RegexURLFilter's main() method for testing the
regex-urlfilter.txt.

I set up NUTCH_HOME and NUTCH_CONF_DIR so I think I set up my environment
correctly.

When I run nutch org.apache.nutch.net.RegexURLFilter I get Exception in
thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/nutch/net/RegexURLFilter.

Assuming this was a classpath issue, I added
NUTCH_HOME/plugins/urlfilter-regex/urlfilter-regex.jar to my classpath.

This did not solve the problem, as I am still getting the
NoClassDefFoundError.

So my first question is how to set up my environment correctly for testing
the regex-urlfilter.

Secondly, I want to tune my regex-urlfilter for maximum relevancy of the
crawl result. By now, I have around 50 entries. My second question is if I
can expect any performance impact?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Thomas Delnoij.

Re: RegexURLFilter / testing regex-urlfilter.txt

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Thomas Delnoij wrote:
> I want to run the RegexURLFilter's main() method for testing the
> regex-urlfilter.txt.

Try instead:

bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.net.URLFilterChecker

Doug

Re: RegexURLFilter / testing regex-urlfilter.txt

Posted by Thomas Delnoij <di...@gmail.com>.
I added this statement right after

 *# CLASSPATH initially contains $NUTCH_CONF_DIR, or defaults to
$NUTCH_HOME/conf*CLASSPATH=${NUTCH_CONF_DIR:=$NUTCH_HOME/conf}

Then if you run nutch org.apache.nutch.net.RegexURLFilter you should be able
to test your urls.

I am still not completely satisfied with this answer though. The nutch
script contains the following statement:

 *# add plugins to classpath**if** [* -d "$NUTCH_HOME/plugins"* ]*; *then*
  CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$NUTCH_HOME*fi*

What is this statement supposed to accomplish? Shouldn't this read something
like

*# add plugins to classpath*
*if** [* -d "$NUTCH_HOME/plugins"* ]*; *then*
  CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$NUTCH_HOME/plugins/**/*.jar
*fi*

'Cause now the plugins are not in the classpath, also not after running ant
compile or ant jar,  that copies to $NUTCH_HOME/build/plugins

Rgrds, Thomas

Posted by Bryan Woliner <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Delnoij <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Delnoij <di...@gmail.com>.