Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2014/02/18 08:04:30 UTC

Wicket Modals and Bootstrap Modals - sizing issues

We are using Wicket with Bootstrap which is fine except for modal
window.

With Wicket it appears as though the modal window provides all the
markup for the out modal 'window'. We can provide HTML for the panels
within that but the outer modal seems to be Wicket generated.

This seems to be causing problems when using responsive Bootstrap
because the calculations of the grid sizes are based on the screen and
not the width of the modal window and so the form fields end up being
wider than the form itself.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a work around?

We're not using the Wicket 'enable bootstrap' flag in the settings as we
support bootstrap and non bootstrap markup within the same wicket app.

Regards,
Chris

Re: Wicket Modals and Bootstrap Modals - sizing issues

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
No.

l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap provides Wicket component for TB's Modal widget.
It doesn't try to fix/workaround any issues with Wicket's ModalWindow.
There are tickets like
https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/issues/228 but I doubt we
will implement them.

Martin Grigorov