Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/09/25 09:06:50 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "WritingYarnApps" by HiteshShah

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "WritingYarnApps" page has been changed by HiteshShah:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/WritingYarnApps?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

  This is actually going to be improved. It will likely become environment variables, or substituted variables (like the fail count). For more details, track this ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3055

- '''My application master is failing, now what?'''
-
- You can debug the application master by running it directly (instead of the multi-step client job submission approach). The only thing to note is you will need to comment out the code that does the app master's registration to the resource manager and likely use a different fail count on each run to generate a different attempt id.
-
  '''My container is being killed by the Node Manager'''

  This is likely due to high memory usage exceeding your requested container memory size. There are a number of reasons that can cause this. First, look at the process tree that the node manager dumps when it kills your container. The two things you're interested in are physical memory and virtual memory.