Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/10 02:17:57 UTC

[NOTICE] New tags added for trace based cache perf analysis

Hi developers

I want to share a recent progress happening in the community. One
contributor is proposing cache performance analysis, including, read/write
metrics, slow read/write statement sampling, etc. This would be similar
with today virtual database analysis, but focus on cache(in memory cache or
remote cache service, such as redis)

We build performance metrics from exit span of cache type, with specific
tags.
This discussion highlights the significant tags would be used in the
backend.
https://github.com/apache/skywalking-java/pull/303#discussion_r967566375

Thosw tags are going to be used in Java agent first. We encourage other
language agents could adopt these tag protocol too.

Through analyzing these, you would see a new virtual cache dashboard side
by virtual database in the menu.

Welcome your feedback. I am excited to see this new progress to expand the
features.

--
Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108