Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Horace Redelmyer <hr...@cogeco.ca> on 2008/11/23 20:51:50 UTC

Restarting dead threads

When a system being tested with JMeter is under severe stress it appears
that often there are Java exceptions (e.g. SocketException) that appear
to kill the corresponding Java thread. I have on occasion come back to
work on Monday to find that my test is only running one thread out of an
initial 100.

My question is whether there is some way to set up a JMeter test so that
when this kind of exception occurs in a thread, the thread could be
restarted so that the load will be consistent over the course of the test.

Thanks
Horace Redelmyer

Re: Restarting dead threads

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/11/2008, Horace Redelmyer <hr...@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> When a system being tested with JMeter is under severe stress it appears
> that often there are Java exceptions (e.g. SocketException) that appear to
> kill the corresponding Java thread. I have on occasion come back to work on
> Monday to find that my test is only running one thread out of an initial
> 100.
>
>  My question is whether there is some way to set up a JMeter test so that
> when this kind of exception occurs in a thread, the thread could be
> restarted so that the load will be consistent over the course of the test.

No, but unless you set JMeter to stop the thread on an error, it
should carry on anyway.

If not, please create a Bugzilla issue with the details, particularly
the relevant part of the log file.