Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vi <vi...@bexout.com> on 2004/03/16 17:07:03 UTC

Silentcat

Hi,
It just stopped working!!! All tomcat thing. It was working one moment
and now it doesn't. I don't know what happend.
As well as I don't know what to do! Try it: www.bolinan.se/edit/
It's set as reverse (?) proxy in httpd.conf
  ProxyPass /edit/ http://www.bolinan.se:8080/jetspeed/
  ProxyPassReverse /edit/ http://www.bolinan.se:8080/jetspeed/
When I start tomcat it starts with no error. When I stop it, it stops
without error. The same is about apache.
And I also tried to telnet www.bolinan.se 8080, and tomcat is listening.
I wrote some mambojumbo in it, but
it didn't responde, and I tried GET (don't know if tomcat should
respontd to usual http requests), but everything
was silent.
When I wait long wnough with my browser I get: Bad Gateway error:

  Bad Gateway!

    The proxy server could not handle the request <EM><A
    HREF="/edit/">GET&nbsp;/edit/</A></EM>.<P> Reason: <STRONG>Error
    reading from remote server</STRONG>

    If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
    <ma...@bexout.com>

    Error 502

    www.bolinan.se <http://www.bolinan.se/>
    Tue 16 Mar 2004 04:50:18 PM CET
    Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

Please HELP me, I don't know what to do!!!
WHat's up with tomcat???

(Apache and tomcat are on the same machine)

Re: Silentcat

Posted by Vi <vi...@bexout.com>.
Oh, I fixed, it! Thanks anyway :)
The thing is that somehow there was a proces which was tomcat but didn't
want to shutdown
(althow shutdown.sh was without errors (and I thought it was down)),
so I killed the cat. Then it was ok. But it was totaly silent. Sorry for
paniking but I though that I'll need
to do "art of head hitting in the table while configuring things which
are not made to be configured".