Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Bogala, Chandra Reddy" <Ch...@gs.com> on 2014/11/19 12:19:26 UTC

hbase: secure login and connection management

Hi,
  I am trying to login to secure cluster with keytabs using below methods. It works fine if  the token is not expired. My process runs for long time ( web app from tomcat). Keep getting below exceptions after the token expire time and connection fails if the user tries to view data from web page.
What is the better way of handling connections? How to refresh keys automatically?. Is there a spring implementation for managing connections? If yes, can you share sample code.

UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(conf);
UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytab("hbase.myclient.principal", "hbase.myclient.keytab");

2014-11-13 08:25:49,899 ERROR [org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation] PriviledgedActionException as user@mycompany.com (auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
2014-11-13 08:25:49,900 WARN [org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcClient] Exception encountered while connecting to the server : javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed
Caused by: org.ietf.jgss.GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)

Thanks,
Chandra

Re: hbase: secure login and connection management

Posted by Matteo Bertozzi <th...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the patch added to
There will be a new AuthUtil. launchAuthChore() which should help in your
case.
(The doc patch is here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12528)

Matteo