Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Brandon Simzer <bs...@NorthernObjects.com> on 2004/09/23 19:42:25 UTC

Problems installing/configuring SOAP & Xerces

Hi,

I am having problems getting SOAP and Xerces installed properly.  After
it is all said and done (download/install tomcat, ant, soap, Xerces &
the jdk, added all jar files to class path, etc.) I point my browser to:

http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

and instead of getting:

SOAP (RPC|Message) Router

Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to
me.

I get:

HTTP Status 404 - /soap/servlet/rpcrouter

  _____

type Status report

message /soap/servlet/rpcrouter

description The requested resource (/soap/servlet/rpcrouter) is not
available.

  _____

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Please advise.

Brandon Simzer

bsimzer@northernobjects.com

Re: Problems installing/configuring SOAP & Xerces

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Also, if you downloaded the 2.3.1 release instead of the last nightly build, you do not have the Tomcat 5 installation instructions (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ws-soap/java/docs/install/tomcat50.html?rev=1.2).

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.
Posted by Tommy Kalafut <to...@tridsys.com>.