Posted to user@struts.apache.org by na...@citicorp.com on 2003/10/01 17:48:09 UTC

RE: Deploying web app (.ear = .jar + .war) under Weblogic with Stru ts

We have pretty similar ear file for our application and it works fine. check if
your struts.jar is in WEB-INF\lib folder.

Posted by Varun Garg <va...@yahoo.com>.
I have the ejb's and the war working without making
the duplicate jar files.

Basically put in a MANIFEST.MF file with the classpath
in three places and it works for me.

Basically move all the common jars to the root of the
ear.

Root of the ear looks like
ejb.jar
app.war
struts.jar
etc.jar
META-INF
 - MANIFEST.MF

And put the MANIFEST.MF in both the ejb.jar and also
the app.war.

IN ejb.jar it goes at the root, just like the ear
com
META-INF
 -MANIFEST.MF
 -ejb-jar.xml

And in the war file
WEB-INF/classes/com
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF - MANIFEST.MF

This works great for me, no class duplication.