Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Vish <vn...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/30 05:46:05 UTC

Transaction Management - Global

Hi,

We know Jackrabbit provide local transaction management, i.e. for a single
repository, session.save() is enough.
But If we have to multiple repositories and need global transaction
managment which should take care of all the repository, how could we
achieve.
We know we to do something else for global transaction, but whether
Jackrabbit provide any such in-built facility.

Re: Transaction Management - Global

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Vish <vn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But If we have to multiple repositories and need global transaction
> managment which should take care of all the repository, how could we
> achieve.

Jackrabbit supports XA transactions. The easiest way to do that is
probably to use the JCA packaging that automatically interacts with
the transaction manager in a J2EE container, but you can also
explicitly handle transactions through the XAResource interface
implemented by all Jackrabbit sessions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting