Posted to websh-dev@tcl.apache.org by Eckhard Lehmann <ec...@web.de> on 2007/08/19 22:22:13 UTC

Websh error: "no interp !" on Windows

Hi,

I had a look at Websh (latest release) today and compiled it on Windows XP, Apache 2.2 (latest release) with MSVC 8 express.

During installation, configuration and startup of Apache including the Websh module, everything is fine... no errors in the log - also no statement whether it worked. But when I try to load a page, an internal server error comes up and the error.log states:

[Sun Aug 19 22:07:16 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] mod_websh - no interp !\n
[Sun Aug 19 22:07:16 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] couldn't run websh script: C:/Programme/Apache2.2/htdocs/index.html

What's up there? Is the module not correctly initialized or is there something missing - maybe an environment variable? The websh/bin directory is in the path, as well as Tcl/bin directory. I even set TCL_LIBRARY...

Thanks
Eckhard

Re: Websh error: "no interp !" on Windows

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
Hi

> I had a look at Websh (latest release) today and compiled it on
> Windows XP, Apache 2.2 (latest release) with MSVC 8 express.
>
> During installation, configuration and startup of Apache including
> the Websh module, everything is fine... no errors in the log - also
> no statement whether it worked. But when I try to load a page, an
> internal server error comes up and the error.log states:
>
> [Sun Aug 19 22:07:16 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] mod_websh - no interp !\n
> [Sun Aug 19 22:07:16 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] couldn't run websh script: C:/Programme/Apache2.2/htdocs/index.html
>
> What's up there? Is the module not correctly initialized or is there
> something missing - maybe an environment variable? The websh/bin
> directory is in the path, as well as Tcl/bin directory. I even set
> TCL_LIBRARY...

Mhh. Seems not to be the environment, as Apache usually does not start
if it doesn't find Tcl (shuts down with something like "httpd.exe:
Syntax error on line 119 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_websh.so into server: The specified module could not be found."

This can happen if you have a corrupt websh.conf though: if your
interpreter map throws an error, you get exactly the error you describe.
The interperter map is a proc that returns the interpreter class for a
request and is configured as follows by default:

# Setup interpreter classes for mod_websh
proc web::interpmap {file} {
    return $file
}

If that doesn't help and you're interested, I can send you a more
verbose interpool.c to help track down the problem.

BTW: by "the latest version" you mean the latest release 3.6.0b4 or
the latest source from svn? Please try the latest from svn: it's very
likely better than the release.

hth
Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75