Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/20 11:53:43 UTC

[OT] Looking for Apache POI help

Hi All,
sorry for this off-topic post, it is a little bit relevant to Tika dev, but
only a little bit :-),

We are having some good interest in making Apache POI work in our Quarkus
project, both as part of its Quarkus Tika integration, but also
independently. Particularly, running it in GraalVM native image - all works
fine in the regular JVM.
If someone with the Apache POI experience can be interested then please
ping me offline and I link further to the Quarkus issues/discussions.
We do quite well in Quarkus Tika for the mainstream formats like PDF, but
some formats like those supported via Apache POI are not very well covered.

Thanks, and sorry for the noise
Sergey

Re: Fwd: [OT] Looking for Apache POI help

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
FYI - I've fixed one of the issues - the test project at https://github.com/bamling/quarkus-apache-poi works now.