Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bg...@clever-age.com on 2002/12/19 12:44:08 UTC

Tomcat4.1.17 Apache2.0.43 mod_jk2 Win2K performance

Hi all,

I've made some benchmark on apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.17 using mod_jk2
with jni configuration on win2K plateform.

At 100 users at each time, there is a lot of time out connection and some
times, the connection is lost:
Here are the three kinds of messages I get in my benchmark tool.
-IO failed for VU 1-73 on connection 72/4 with error 258: (Dépassement du
délai d'attente.  ).
-Timeout generated for socket 0x564,
-ERROR 10061: (Aucune connexion n'a pu être établie car l'ordinateur cible
l'a expressément refusée.  ) for VU 1-90 while establishing connection 89/4.,

In the error.log in apache directory, there is errors like this:
[error] lb.service() worker failed 120000 for ajp13:jni
[error] lb.service() uncoverable error
[error] mod_jk.handler() Error connecting to tomcat 120000

I hope it is a bad configuration of the connector, when I started apache,
I've got always the same error line in the error.log:
[error] mod_jk child init 1 0
But no error in the stderr.out generate by tomcat.

If you have got an idea to well configure the connector for a better
reliability.

Details of my configuration follows.
Many Thanks for your help.

jk2.properties

handler.list=apr,request,container,channelJni
apr.jniModeSo=<apachedirectory>/modules/mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll
apr.NativeSo=<tomcatdirectory>/common/lib/jkjni.dll

worker2.properties

[shm]
file=D:/apache/Apache2/logs/shm.file
size=1048576

[channel.jni:jni]
info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

# Define the parameters for the Java Virtual Machine
[vm:]
info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
OPT=-Djava.class.path=D:/tomcat4.17/bin/tomcat-jni.jar;D:/tomcat4.17/bin/bootstrap.jar;.OPT=-Dtomcat.home=D:\tomcat4.17
OPT=-Dcatalina.home=D:\tomcat4.17
OPT=-Xmx128M

# JNI worker startup handler
[worker.jni:onStartup]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on startup. This one will start tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=start
stdout=D:/apache/apache2/logs/stdout.log
stderr=D:/apache/apache2/logs/stderr.log

# JNI worker shutdown handler
[worker.jni:onShutdown]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on shutdown. This one will stop tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=stop

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space