Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br> on 2008/10/23 19:09:02 UTC

Override panel markup

Hi!

I would want to override a panel markup, for instance, I want to add a
SignInPanel to my page but don't want to use builtin SignInPanel.html.

Is there a way to do it, preferable without creating a specific html
file for the new component, i.e., I want to override the content direct
on the page if possible?

Thanks.

Adriano

Re: Override panel markup

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
that will work.

-igor

Re: Override panel markup

Posted by Martin Voigt <vo...@googlemail.com>.
2008/10/23 rpaul <ri...@gmail.com>:

> Not sure this would work. I have not tried it.
>
> Extend SignInPanel with subclass e.g. MySignInPanel and then create your
> matching MySignInPanel.html with the custom content.
>
> Then use MySignInPanel instead of SignInPanel.
just to clear things up, this not only will work but is imho the best
practice for custom markup. it also makes clear that you are using
customized markup and where to find it by just reading the java code.

Re: Override panel markup

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you can subclass and let it implement IMarkupResourceStreamProvider
and from there do whatever you want...but i wouldnt recommend it.

-igor

Re: Override panel markup

Posted by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br>.
Yes, thanks.