Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/06/21 00:20:49 UTC

Meta Data RDBMS combined with XIndice

Hi folks,

I'm pretty impressed with XIndice for retrieving XML docs for my Apache
Cocoon based web app (even though I don't have dynamic updating of
documents yet).
However I am not so impressed with the speed of metadata retrieval.

I'd like to cache such things as the documents' author, title, publisher,
topic, date,  and so on in a relational database so that the relational
database can do things like list all the authors, or list all the titles.

Surely this is a fairly common requirement - so is there a standard
application or system for this?

Thanks

Alex McLintock

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London: Software For Complex Websites
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Free Consultancy for London Companies thinking of Open Source Software.