Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@apache.org> on 2009/09/08 15:14:16 UTC

[ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.4 Released

The Felix team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Felix
Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.4

The Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service is an implementation of the
upcoming OSGi Configuration Admin Service Specification 1.3

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-configuration-admin-service.html

This release is available from
http://felix.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi and Maven:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.apache.felix.configadmin</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.4</version>
  </dependency>

Release Notes:

** Bug
    * [FELIX-1535] - Permission is checked against the using bundle
                     instead of the access control context (call stack)
    * [FELIX-1542] - Configuration may be supplied twice in certain
                     situations

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-1541] - Include latest CM 1.3 (Compendium R 4.2) package
                     export

Enjoy!

-The Felix team

Re: [ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.4 Released

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

Richard S. Hall schrieb:
> I think these announcements are only really necessary on the users list,
> since we vote on it and see the vote result message here on the dev list...
>
> I think the release docs mention this.

Ehrm, you are right, of course. Sorry, will not send the announcement to
dev@felix any more.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Clement Escoffier schrieb:

> On 08.09.2009, at 16:44, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> On 9/8/09 10:13, Moloney, Tim M wrote:
>>> I'm confused about the versions of config admin service.
>>>
>>> 1.2.4 was just released but the trunk has 1.2.7-SNAPSHOT.
>>>
>>> What happened to 1.2.5 and 1.2.6?
>

> Maybe, I'm wrong but the tag org.apache.felix.configadmin-1.2.6 exists
> in felix releases.
> So, this one is still surviving :-)

No, it just died two minutes ago ;-) R.I.P

The tag was the remains of an attempt to have quick-shot fix for a nasty
bug (FELIX-1545, only occurring under kind of extreme conditions). The
fix did not have the expected result and so the release candidate was
declared a failure. I just forgot to remove the tag in the aftermath....

So there will not be a 1.2.6.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Fwiw, all the odd numbers are skipped in releases to make sure that in OSGi
   1.2.7-SNAPSHOT < 1.2.8
If 1.2.7 was to be releases, the OSGi framework would choose 1.2.7.SNAPSHOT
instead of 1.2.7 if both were availables.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.4 Released

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by "Moloney, Tim M" <Ti...@ManTech.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.