Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Nikita Shah <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/09 13:14:18 UTC

Popup in new window problem

 Hello,

  I am having problem using JSF tags in the popup jsf page. I have the parent page as below:

  <h:commandButton value="Add Task"  onclick="window.open('../pages/addTask.jsp','popup','height=300,width=200,toolbar=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes');"  >
  </h:commandButton>

  And my addTask.jsp looks like below:

  <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
  <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>

  <b>Task Name</b>
  <h:outputText value="tasks" />
  <h:inputText value="name" id="text"/>

  Now the problem is I am getting the following error on clicking the command button:

  SEVERE: Faces context not found. getResponseWriter will fail. Check if  the FacesServlet has been initialized at all in your web.xml.
  Jan 9, 2006 5:33:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
  SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
  java.lang.NullPointerException
      at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.java:878)
      at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:310)
      at org.apache.jsp.pages.addTask_jsp._jspx_meth_h_outputText_0(org.apache.jsp.pages.addTask_jsp:92)
      at org.apache.jsp.pages.addTask_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.pages.addTask_jsp:61)

  If I remove the JSF "h" tags then i am able to see the html text "Task Name" in popup.
  Can anyone please help into this matter ?I require the solution urgently ..

  TIA
  Nikita

Ability is what you're capable of.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.

Nikita Shah
Software Engineer
SNS Technologies
Phone: Tel: +91-20-30582122
Cell: +919372873355
Website: www.snstech.com
Head Office: 301 | 3rd Floor | City Towers | 17 Dhole Patil Road |

Yahoo! Photos