Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net> on 2007/06/12 13:12:02 UTC

Building ActiveMQ CPP on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64

I'm trying to build ActiveMQ CPP 2.01 on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64 box
according to http://activemq.apache.org/cms/building.html

I have the following versions of needed software:

opensuse102>rpm -q autoconf automake libtool cppunit
autoconf-2.60-21
automake-1.9.6-35
libtool-1.5.22-34
cppunit-1.10.2-39

But when I'm run ./autogen.sh I see the following error:

Unmatched [ in regex; marked by <-- HERE in [here is regexp on one page
long] at /usr/bin/autom4te line 574, <GEN13> line 11378.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

How can I fix this error?

--
Oleg

Re: Building ActiveMQ CPP on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64

Posted by Timothy Bish <ti...@sensis.com>.
That warning is normal for this library and can be ignored.

Posted by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net>.
Hello,

Albert Strasheim said the following on 12.06.2007 15:25:

>> I've noticed there was warning message regarding AM_PATH_CPPUNIT macro
>> shown before error message. So I just commented out line containing
>> AM_PATH_CPPUNIT in configure.ac file. And it fixed the problem.
>
> The macro might become available if you install the cppunit-devel
> package. Could you give it a try? If it works, I'll update the wiki.

Thanks Albert, you're right. But it looks strange for me that macro used
to check presence of package is included in this package itself ;-)

Posted by Albert Strasheim <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Oleg Deribas wrote:

> It seems that I found workaround for this problem.
>
> >But when I'm run ./autogen.sh I see the following error:
>
> I've noticed there was warning message regarding AM_PATH_CPPUNIT macro
> shown before error message. So I just commented out line containing
> AM_PATH_CPPUNIT in configure.ac file. And it fixed the problem.

The macro might become available if you install the cppunit-devel
package. Could you give it a try? If it works, I'll update the wiki.

Cheers,

Albert

Re: Building ActiveMQ CPP on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64

Posted by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net>.
Hello,

Oleg Deribas said the following on 12.06.2007 14:12:

It seems that I found workaround for this problem.

> But when I'm run ./autogen.sh I see the following error:

I've noticed there was warning message regarding AM_PATH_CPPUNIT macro
shown before error message. So I just commented out line containing
AM_PATH_CPPUNIT in configure.ac file. And it fixed the problem.

BTW, build requires e2fsprogs-devel rpm installed.

--
Oleg