Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com> on 2018/03/01 00:23:41 UTC

Instructions to install Python SDK from source

Hello all,
I noticed that the README for Beam has some basic instructions on
installing Beam from source using mvn. Do these instructions work also to
install Python SDK?
I have my own script to install the Python SDK from source reliably, but I
recently noticed that there's no instructions to install exclusively the
Python SDK within the Beam docs. (Or perhaps I missed it?)
I feel like we should document this better, so I was wondering what the
community thinks about:

1) Having a README file within sdks/python/ with this and other important
python documentation,
2) and/or only having an entry in the Beam docs.

Best
-P.
--
Got feedback? go/pabloem-feedback

Re: Instructions to install Python SDK from source

Posted by María García Herrero <ma...@google.com>.
There used to be a README when the Python SDK was not yet in master. I
worked on it as my first contribution to Beam.
This is what it looked like the last time I touched it:

*https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/1726/files#diff-4fdc1cf711ab8b1a145ac7ebbe76d937
<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/1726/files#diff-4fdc1cf711ab8b1a145ac7ebbe76d937>*Feel
free to reuse it,

María

--

Impact is the effect that wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t done what you
did.

Re: Instructions to install Python SDK from source

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
Hi Pablo,