Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dbruley <da...@corelinksolutions.com> on 2009/06/04 19:22:15 UTC

Help with odd wsdl error in deployed jsr-181 su

Hello,

I have tried to find a resolution to this issue without much success.
Hoping someone can assist.

We are using ServiceMix 3.2.1, deploying service assemblies with web
services as jsr181 service units with a corresponding http-su binding
component.  The java classes that implement the services makes calls to EJB3
stateless session beans on a JBoss 4.0.5 app server.  Java 5 is used for the
JRE/JDK.

We are running into sporadic issues where all of a sudden a specific service
will fail.  I have attached a sample from our logs of the issue, but
essentially we see an error such as

17:08:11,094 | WARN  | btpool1-6896 | HttpComponent            |
e.servicemix.soap.SoapEndpoint  249 | Could not create document from wsdl
description
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.nodeListItem(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.item(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOM2Writer.print(Unknown Source)

Followed eventually by

17:08:12,476 | WARN  | btpool1-6891 | jetty                    |
ervicemix.http.jetty.JCLLogger   96 | Error for /XXXXXXXXX/main.wsdl
java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at com.ibm.wsdl.util.ObjectRegistry.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.util.ObjectRegistry.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.wsdl.util.ObjectRegistry.lookup(Unknown Source)

where XXXXXXX is the name of a particular service.

The portion "at com.ibm.wsdl.util.ObjectRegistry.lookup(Unknown Source)"
continues over and over for quite a length of time.

All we could find remotely close was a potential jira raised for Axis -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3276

We haven't yet been able to track down if and where Axis is used or if this
is even truly the issue.  I wasn't able to find anything searching the
mailing list archives.  We're relatively new to ServiceMix.  Are there any
configuration files we need to adjust?

This has occurred twice this week in production and once on our test
servers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23874326/production-error-log.txt
production-error-log.txt

Re: Help with odd wsdl error in deployed jsr-181 su

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Could you try with servicemix-cxf-se component instead of the
servicemix-jsr181?
servicemix-cxf-se is the substitution of servicemix-jsr181, we recommend
to use servicemix-cxf-se now.
The servicemix-jsr181 use xfire underlying, and servicemix-cxf-se use
apache cxf underlying, cxf is merged from celtix and xfire and is
actively maintained now.
If you get any problem with servicemix-cxf-se, I think you can get more
help here.
Btw, Axis is not used in jsr181 component at all as I know.
Freeman

--
Freeman Fang