Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Amol Yadwadkar <ay...@webifyservices.com> on 2003/06/24 08:18:08 UTC

Email Validator

Hi All,

I am using EmailValidator Component.But i beleive its not validating to its purpose in totality.

whats happening is:-
This is what the Message I get on the Server side.
Invalid email format for Email. Format is user@hostname.

My concern is the value for email id has to be 3 letters.....what i mean is it shall check  for  user@hostname.com .The third letter after dot(.) is not provided.I hope  am clear abt. what i want to convey.

I am pasting .page/.html files content as below:-

.page  >>>>>>>>>>>>
 <bean name="emailValidator" lifecycle="render" class="org.apache.tapestry.valid.EmailValidator">
   <set-property name="required" expression="true"/>
   <set-property name="minimumLength" expression='6'/>
   <!-- <set-property name="clientScriptingEnabled" expression="clientValidationEnabled"/> -->
  </bean>
<component id="inputEmail" type="ValidField">
    <binding name="value" expression="visit.userName"/>
    <binding name="validator" expression='beans.emailValidator'/>
   <static-binding name="displayName">Email</static-binding>
  </component>

.html  >>>>>>>>>>>>

Can Anyone suggest me how to get the complete validation thrgh. Tapestry for Email Validator.
Also If same thing is to be happen at Client side then what r the changes required at .page file ?
Thankx in advance.

Best Regds,
Amol Yadwadkar

Re: Email Validator

Posted by Amol Yadwadkar <ay...@webifyservices.com>.
Hi All,
The Client side Validation for Email Validator is done
But Still  "The third letter after dot(.) is not provided"
Its still a concern with me?
AMOL