Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> on 2015/02/18 00:14:52 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hive 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2

Apache Hive 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2 is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~brock/apache-hive-1.1.0-rc2/

Maven artifacts are available here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-1025/

Source tag for RC1 is at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/tags/release-1.1.0-rc2/

My key is located here: https://people.apache.org/keys/group/hive.asc

Voting will conclude in 72 hours

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.
Checked the md5 and the signature of both.
Built src and ran a few queries with CLI/Beeline.

Something very strange.. with the bin I cannot create any table at all
(says FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:13 Invalid table name..), I am not
sure what is wrong, as it works using the one I build from src.  I also can
create tables fine with the previous RC binary(s).  How did you create the
binary this time, was there any modification from the one built by src?
Hope it is not a setup error on my part.

Thanks,
Szehon

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
  Sounds good.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Eugene Koifman <ek...@hortonworks.com>.
I imagine it¹s possible but I¹m not sure it¹s worth the effort.
webhcat-site.xml has to be edited during installation anyway since the tar
files have to be copied to HDFS to a location that we don¹t know at build
time.  The values of these properties then depend on the name of the tar
files on HDFS.

It would be useful to make sure
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/WebHCat+InstallWebHCat is
up to date w.r.t. how these properties should be set.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Chao Sun <ch...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
On 2/18/15, 3:48 PM, "Brock Noland" <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:

>> Does any of the same compatibility issues occur when using a
>>hive-exec.jar
>> containing guava-14 on MRv2 (which has guava-11 in the classpath)?
>
>Not that I am aware of. I've tested it on top of MRv2 a number of
>times and I think the unit tests also excercise these code paths.

Cool. I asked to check if this was a planned divergence & not a merge
artifact.

Due to late binding, classpath ordering and identical classnames, there¹s
a sensation of sleepwalking into a minefield.

The qtests do not test any of these cluster classpath issues due to the
in-thread mixed nature of the minicluster (like in HIVE-9350).

We¹ll get errors only when MRv2/MRv1 hits a non-existent method in
guava-14.

Jdiff shows removed constructors, but hopefully nobody uses those.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
Hi,