Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ken Liu <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/15 16:16:38 UTC

combining multiple repos into one

Hi all -

I am trying to figure out if it possible to consolidate many small
repositories into one large repository, while retaining revision history.

I have several repositories that each host a single project with the
standard project directory structure (trunk/tags/branches).  For various
reasons, I want to consolidate these into a single repository with multiple
projects at the root.

It seems like I could use dump/load to do this, but I think that once I try
to load the second project into the new repo, it would overwrite the first
project's files (because they have the same trunk/tags/branches structure).
Is there any way to work around this? I could maybe somehow modify the paths
on the fly while they are being dumped?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: combining multiple repos into one

Posted by Ken Liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi all -

Never mind - I figured it out.

svnadmin load --parent-dir

Ironically, I had the PDF of the book open to the exact page that describes
how to do this.  Must be some corollary to Murphy's law to describe this
situation.

Thanks,

Ken