Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Benjamin Kormann <ko...@itq.de> on 2015/02/09 13:25:05 UTC

[log4net .NET 4.5]

Hello,

the latest log4net version 1.2.13 supports .NET framework up to 4.0. We've been looking for a new version or development roadmap to support framework 4.5, but cannot find anything.
We want to use log4net as central logging technology in a .NET 4.5 project, but experienced some trouble using log4net 1.2.13, especially when used in concurrent situations.

Can you provide me with information, when framework 4.5 is officially supported or how log4net 1.2.13 can be used in order to avoid incompatibilities.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers

-          Benny

AW: [log4net .NET 4.5]

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

any library targeted for 4.0 should be compatible with 4.5. Currently there
are no issues that would require a separate build of log4net for 4.5. We
prefer to keep it as small and simple as possible. :)

Cheers